I made this for lunch and it was perfect. A little over 500 calories its not the lowest but having 4.5 of your 5 a day will surely pursuade you to inulge a little.
I slightly over cooked the Aubergine but it didn’t impact the flavour. The shawarma seasoning warmed you through without setting your mouth on fire. The crispness of the fresh tomato and the crunch of the hazelnuts give every mouthful a real mix of flavour and texture.
You could leave out one of either of the potato or chickpeas if you wanted. I was happy for both as it kept me fully satisfied till dinner.
What you need (Serves 2)
1 Small punnet Chestnut Mushrooms
1 Tin of Chickpeas
1 Tbsp Shawarma Seasoning
1 Tbsp White wine vinegar
1x Vegetable stock pot
2x Large vine tomatoes
1 small bunch fresh parsley
half a lemon
What you need to do
- Get your oven on at 200 Degrees. Time to prep your veg. Chop the top off of your aubergine, cut it in half length ways, then cut each half into 4 strips. Slice your onion into thin half moons. Cut your mushrooms into 3 or 4 slices each. Peel and chop the potatoes into 1 cm chunks. Lastly drain and rinse the chickpeas in a colander.
- Heat a bit of oil in a pan and add the mushrooms with a pinch of salt and pepper. While they cook add the aubergine onto a lined baking tray and sprinkle over half of the shawarma seasoning some salt and pepper and a drizzle of oil. Toss them around a bit to get them all evenly coated and put in the oven for 25 – 30 minutes. They are ready when they are soft and golden.
- When the mushrooms have browned add the onion and cook for 5 minutes until soft. Stir in the other half of the shawarma seasoning and cook for a minute before adding the white wine vinegar. Allow the vinegar to evaporate while stiring.
- Add 350ml of water and stir in the stock pot, chickpeas and potato. Mix it all in and bring to a simmer. Cover with a lid and simmer for 25 mins until the potato is soft.
- Now to make that yummy salsa. Chop the tomato into 2cm chunks. roughly chop the parsley and walnuts. Squeeze the lemon juice into a bowl and add 1tbsp of good olive oil. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with a little salt and pepper.
- When everything is ready, spoon the potato mix into bowls, lay the aubergine on top and then spoon over the tomato salsa.
This meal was from our HelloFresh box.