If you hope to make a great meal you need to stack the odds in your flavour. Start with a great combination of flavours and then use the freshest ingredients.
The bream here sings, even the fantasticly flavourful chorizo cannot overshadow it. The freshness of the tomatoes help cut through the oily fish and the lovely rich oil from the chorizo. The Mash potato with a subtle flavouring of saffron helps to bind everything together.
What you need
2x Sea Bream Fillets
Selection of fresh tomatoes
1 Bunch fresh parsley
200g Green Beans
60g Diced Chorizo
30g Unsalted Butter
A pinch of Saffron powder
What you need to do
- Chop your Potatoes into 2cm pieces, pop them into some salted boiling water and cook until soft, around 20 – 25 minutes. Prep the rest of your ingredients. Halve the potatoes (Quarter the larger ones). Chop your parsley and mix half with the tomatoes and a squeeze of lemon juice, season the mix with a little salt and pepper and set aside. Trim the tops off the green beans.
- Heat some oil and cook the chorizo until it has released its flavourful oils. Once it is slightly crisp remove it from the heat and add it with those cooking oils to the tomato mix. Keep the pan ready. You will need it for the fish.
- Once the potato is soft drain the water and let it sit in the pan for a minute.now add the remaining parsley, the butter, saffron and salt and pepper Mash everything together untill it is smooth. Keep it all warm with a lid. Put another pan on and cook the green beans for 4 – 5 minutes.
- Heat a splash of oil in the chorizo pan, season the fish with salt and pepper and place in the pan skin side down. Cook for 4 minutes without touching it. Then flip it over and cook for 2 minutes. (Make sure the fish is cooked through)
- Make a bed of saffron mash, add the green beans, place the fish on top and then spoon over that amazing tomato, chorizo mix.
- Prepare yourself, you are in for a treat.
This meal was from our HelloFresh recipe box.